Temperatures are increasing, rainfall patterns are changing, ocean temperatures are increasing, sea ice is melting and sea levels are rising. More detailed information on climate science can be found in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change link below.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reports on climate science
- Predicted climate change impacts on our region -Council’s Local impacts fact sheet.
- An interactive quiz to calculate your Carbon Footprint
- Climate Justice Campaign
What can you do?
- Write to your local state and federal MP asking them to reduce carbon emissions
- Reduce your carbon footprint by:
- choosing sustainable transport such as cycling or buses instead of driving
- buying local foods
- using less electricity
- supporting renewable energy technologies, and;
- reducing the amount of recyclable and non-recyclable waste that you generate.
- Join the Cairns Climate Action Network, by emailing email@example.com. This group organises regular meetings and events to raise awareness of and encourage action on the issue of climate change.
[wp_cpl_sc cat_id=44 list_num=5 css_theme=0 sticky_post="0"]