Saturday 12th September, 9am to 3.30pm ~Registrations Closed~
Workshop 2: Media Training
Sunday 13th September, 9am to 3.00pm ~Registrations Closed~
Workshop 3: Community Training – Tell our Stories
Saturday 19th September, 9am to 3.30pm ~Registrations Closed~
As the pandemic continues we are seeing the increasing impacts of climate change our natural environments and our communities are suffering. High unemployment rates, economic recession and tourism downturn is exacerbated by the climate impacts we are facing. In recent years, we have experienced our homes inundated with flood waters, storm surges ravaging our coast, widespread coral bleaching, catastrophic heatwaves and increased fires, wet seasons with no rain, and damaging cyclones.
– Learn how to connect with others by understanding the role of self-interest, and practicing to identify your own and other people’s self-interest.
– Develop a picture of a future you are striving towards, and begin identifying steps you might take to achieve that vision.
– Upskill on your media knowledge, and learn how to deliver an effective message on climate change and solutions
– Learn how to navigate the new-world of economic recovery
– Connect with like-minded people who have a passion to see our region flourish