The Coral Sea Commonwealth Marine Reserve
Our Coral Sea is a beacon of hope. It is one of the last places on Earth where ocean giants – sharks, tuna, marlin – still abound and its vibrant coral reefs still pulse with the rhythm of life. The Coral Sea Marine Reserve is an important step towards safe-guarding this marine jewel for the future.
From thickly forested islands to small sandy cays, beautiful coral reefs and yet to be explored reef slopes and deep sea canyons; the Coral Sea contains 49 different habitats and supports over 300 different threatened species.
Protection of this special and important part of Australia would provide a safe haven for its marine life and a globally significant ocean legacy for generations to come.
- See the Protect Our Coral Sea website HERE.
- Learn about the Sharks of the Coral Sea HERE
- Learn about the Whales of the Coral Sea HERE
- Download the fact sheet on the Coral Sea Marine Reserve – PDF
- Download the fact sheet on the Coral Sea Marine Reserve management plan – PDF
[wp_cpl_sc cat_id=12,13,14,15 list_num=10 css_theme=0 sticky_post=